Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
We manufacture folder rollers with high performance soft urethane for maximum productivity, segmented gluing rollers, and vacuum wheels for all makes of OEM folders. Restore your folder rollers using our recovery and exchange programs for folder rollers and vacuum wheels. We can also manufacture spiral grip fold rollers to fit combo style folders,and offer TH rollers (with narrow bands), both styles providing a superior grip and traction. All folder rollers are available in high grip urethane for faster running speeds with aqueous stock. We replace your old urethane using a heat bond process of 90 durometer Uniroyal urethane, which is an exact match to all OEM folder rollers.
We send you new or refurbished folder rollers to match your change-out schedule so that you can perform roller maintenance at your convenience. When using our exchange service, your used rollers must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We stock folder machine rollers and change-out accessories to fit most MBO or Stahl folders. If your model is not listed on our website or order form, please call us for availability. Normal turnaround time for exchange orders in stock is one week or less.
- Longer make ready time becomes apparent, using an extra amount of paper required for a printing project, to make sure the job is running correctly
- Inconsistent folding even when rollers are set
- Paper pull test fails and
- Collars wear unevenly.
- To test for roller wear in the parallel section, take three strips of very lightweight paper, about 1″ wide.
- Insert paper strips between the #1 and #2 rollers, one strip in the center and one strip toward each end of the rollers.
- Adjust the roller setting for very light tension, even at both ends.
- While turning the handwheel, compare the tension on the center strip with that on the outer strips.
- If there is no roller tension at the center, the rollers are in need of recovery.
All first time customers must provide payment in full before shipping. Wear Ever Mfg will send an invoice via email to the customer with a request for payment via credit card, paypal, or check. Return customers may request consideration for net 30 terms.
New and refurbished rollers are inspected for quality prior to shipping to ensure your satisfaction. Bearings are inspected for run-out to within .0005″ using a Starrett indicator which measures to .0001″. If you have any concerns after receiving your order, please contact us so that we can work with you to resolve it. Learn how to take advantage of our stress-free one year guarantee.